Friday, August 19, 2005

Investing In Future Generations The Rapture Part 2

INVESTING IN FUTURE GENERATIONS- THE RAPTURE PART 2



Today, we have a group of people who have taken doctrine that was built, not on revelation from God, but a poor reaction to a cold church. They have brought this doctrine into the teachings of today. We hear people preach out of the Book of Revelation and instead of interpreting it in its original format, they create their own interpretations, which are completely false. The result is, we are not evangelistic or involved in the world. Instead of reaching out, we have developed an “escapism” mentality and we are no longer dominant to win the earth.

The reason prophecy doesn’t sit well with certain religious groups, is because it doesn’t fit in with their structured, organized beliefs. They have forced God to stick to a clock, but He lives in the realm of eternity and there is no clock in heaven. God is creating a prophetic move in the earth, but we have to be extremely cautious when listening to people, we must make sure we are truly hearing what they are saying. We have to challenge them. If they are teaching inaccurately, they are not telling the truth. We must ask them where they are getting their information and where did the belief originate. So often, members of a church will just take what their pastor says as absolute truth because he is a pastor. But we should know the true history of our beliefs, and make sure that the truth prevails.

Presently, our obstacle is not the world, but the church. Saul is the one who had these words said about him, “…that rebellion is like witchcraft”, and it was his words that were spoken against David and his attitude in how he tried to lease the people. There is an entire movement within the church today that is interested in pleasing the people, gaining the crowd, manipulating to get your offering and not really caring about you and what happens to you after you leave the conference. The church in America is not being deceived, but rather waking up to the truth.

In 1974, I took a job as a salesman, expecting the impending rapture at any moment. I didn’t care about the future. I took the job, selling furniture, but I was paid on commission. Much to my disappointment, I realized after only selling 1 cushion and a small chair in a month, that this was not my calling.

After that, I went through various jobs. I am not a lazy person, and I just wanted to work so I did whatever came my way. Eventually, I ended up working in a factory for Volkswagen. I was pretty intelligent and I was capable of doing more than I was doing, but that’s where I was at that time. I had worked there for a few months, when one of the directors came into our department with the chairman/president of the company. I think they were giving him a tour of the main office. As we congregated outside, a message came through on the main line. I answered the phone, and the person on the other end asked me to write down a message for the chairman of the company. I wrote the message, and knocked at the door. The secretary took the note from me and gave it to our boss. I could see through the glass that they were handing my note around and I worried that they couldn’t read my handwriting (because it is very artistic). The door opened and somebody asked, “Who wrote this note?” I confessed that it was I, and they asked me what I was doing working there with such beautiful handwriting. I was immediately promoted just because of my handwriting.

What I’m getting at is, a prophetic person is not restricted as much, and doors miraculously open many times for them. You just have to learn to recognize when opportunities present themselves. At the time of my promotion, I did not recognize that. But as time went on, I began to realize that God was opening these doors. Don’t worry about your present position, but ask what God is trying to say and remember that it is all how you perceive things.

So what is wrong with wanting to go home and be with the Lord? God made a means to get to Him through death. There is an unborn Christ in every generation and this is most evident in children. There is an unborn appearance of Christ. The Bible says that there is an apostasy in every generation and they crucify the Son of God, afresh. Therefore, in every generation, there is a crucifixion of Christ. Obviously this is not a literal crucifixion, but rather a move of God that takes place. The “old” generation struggles to accept the move of the new generation because they are satisfied and comfortable. When God does something new and fresh, the religious sector, and part of the church will begin to fight and accuse the fresh thing that is happening and so it has to be crucified in order for it to be resurrected. There is a conflict within the church every time a generation gets satisfied or comfortable. When there is too much prosperity, and we get too comfortable and we think we’ve figured out when the rapture is going to take place, God surprises us with a whole new move of His Spirit.

What is the translation that is taking place in the Spirit? The fact is, that every generation attacks and comes against any move of God that does not suite their theology or eschatology, and they fight it. They attack it and say, “This is not of God, it isn’t dressed the way it is supposed to, and it doesn’t make the same noises that we made when we were filled with the Spirit”. As a result, they attack something that is about to bring freshness to a generation. But there cannot be a new appearance of Christ unless there has been a death, it has to go into the ground and die before it can bring forth life. In any generation, there is a crucifixion of anything that comes straight from the throne of God, from those who have been satisfied.

Martin Luther came forth and challenged the Catholic Church by nailing his thesis to the door of the religious sector. He pulled from scripture that only by faith, not by works or repetition, will your trust in God bring you salvation. As a result of his actions, a fresh move was born. Many people were crucified and burned because they saw the truth and recognized what God was doing. It is happening again. They may not be able to physically crucify you or throw you into fire, but they use persecution and accusation. If you are in that place, know that there is something in the womb, leap for joy because the best is yet to come. We have not even begun to taste the true plan for us in the Kingdom. The beauty and glory of God is about to come and invade with a glorious righteousness.

John the Baptist rejoiced in the womb of Elizabeth, he leaped for joy at the presence of Christ. There was no record of any miracle in the first 30 years of Jesus’ life, but when John the Baptist pronounced, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world”; he boldly, prophetically and with incredible knowledge, attained what was in the womb. The knowledge was not attained by the thirty years of knowing Christ by His performance, but it was his knowledge of Him that was attained when he leaped in the womb. If you are rejoicing and celebrating in something that is going to happen, but has not yet been born, you are celebrating creative truth. When it appears don’t crucify it, recognize it.



Kim Clement